There are billions of accidents that take place each year all around the world. Opportunely, most of them entail only in property damage that is break to the vehicle as opposed to the occupants. But one in three accidents always involves personal injury to the driver or the passengers and out of that number or both. Sometimes the results get worse, and it even leads to spot death and fatal injuries. Unluckily, if you ever get involved in any accident, there are some things you can do to defend yourself and your interests. The following is an inventory of the top ten things you should do if you are in an accident:
1. Try to stop at once: Never keep back yourself from the sight of a mishap, even in a small one.
2. Look after the scene: You can stop more accidents by setting up flares, or keeping your flashers on. If you find that it is shady and the lights are not working properly, you must have a flashlight with you so that it can keep you safe and you can wait in your car by the edge of the road.
3. Call the cops as early as possible: Although you hit upon no serious injuries, it’s always better to have a support and extra help. In the case of accidents, cops serve the best help. You can file a claim on the insurance companies for your vehicle and it should be kept as it was at the time of the accident.
4. Make a precise record: When the cops arrive, ensure that you tell the officer how and where the accident took place. Tell them your location, speed and anything in specific. If you are not able to collect the exact facts, you must tell them directly or your wrong guess can change the scenario of the case.
5. Take pictures for better understanding and clarity about the accident: If you have a camera in your car, or a cell phone operational with a camera function, you should take pictures of the vehicles if there is noticeable injury to anybody or anything. If you have evident injuries, you should snap them as well. Though, you should in no way get in the way with the constant police investigation. If you cannot take pictures at the sight of the mishap, take them as soon as possible after the accident.
6. Seek proper medication on time: Most of the time injuries that are caused by the local accidents are not easily seen and most of the people said that they feel more intense pain after a day or two
7. Call a Local Tow truck or towing service Here are 2 great sources in Calgary for towing and road side assistance
. Unless you are completely sure you were not hurt, you should look for medical attention at your local emergency room or you can also see any of the family medical doctors. Even in accidents connecting minor impact, you can maintain a stern and enduring injury to your spinal cord. If you lost awareness or were bemused for even a short period of time following the collision, you may have experienced a concussion or closed head injury. This can lead to many cognitive and behavioral changes if left untouched.